Amirnaz (Ami) Novid is a licensed psychotherapist, certified Stress Management Coach, and certified in Clinical Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy. She works with adolescents, adults, couples, and families.
A highly skilled, compassionate, empathic, and solution-oriented LMFT with years of experience working with a wide range of emotional, behavioral and relationship issues treating children, teens, adults, couples, families and groups. Implementing effective treatment plans for children, adolescents, and adults. Employs some of the latest evidence based practices including: Positive Psychology, Mindfulness and Meditation, Hypnotherapy, CBT, DBT, and EFT in an integrative model of treatment. Areas of specialty include: PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, OCD, ADHD, Psychosis, Grief, Stress Management, Family Conflicts, Parenting, Self-Esteem, and Relationship Issues.
In addition to being a prominent relationship therapist, she has held Holistic Stress Management and Positive Psychology workshops in mental health clinics and communty centers.
Ami is an interactive and solution-focused holistic therapist. Her therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, she works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
B.S. in Pharmacy Studies, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT.
M.A. in Clinical/Counseling Psychology, Sofia University (ITP), Palo Alto, CA.
CA Board License in Marriage and Family Therapy.
Certification in Stress Management Coaching, National Career Certification Board.
Certification in Clinical Heart-Centerd Hypnotherapy, The Wellness Institute, Issaquah, WA.
RELEVANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITIES
- Presented regular lectures and workshops on parenting, teenage conflicts and resolution, positive effects of mindful meditation, and holistic wellness which was held in Sunnyvale Community Center.
- Completed a CBT and empathy experiential clinical training, conducted by Dr. Steven M. Sultanoff.
- Completed an academic and experiential hypnotherapy program and used the skills to successfully treat clients with severe depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, childhood sexual abuse, and addiction.
- Received a certificate of completion for participating in a “Wholeness & Recovery in Mind, Body, & Spirit” workshop.
- Received a certificate of completion for participating in “Helping Adult Clients Grow Up” course.
- Received a certificate of completion for participating in “Listening to the Body: Understanding the Language of Stress-Related Symptoms” workshop.
- Received a certificate of completion for participating in “Working with Children on the Autism Spectrum” workshop.
- Completed a course called “DBT Strategies in Action: Changing Behavior, Accepting Reality & Resolving Conflict” presented by Charles Swenson, MD.
- 4 years of patient visitation and psychological support as a member of patient care service of Stanford Hospital and Clinics in Palo Alto, CA.
- Facilitates regular Holistic Stress Management Workshops in community centers.
- Facilitates regular Positive Psychology Classes for community centers.
A clinical member of these professional organizations: CAMFT,
OCCAMFT,Centerfor Science in the Public Interest (CSPI), The Wellness Institute.